Never stand you therein.
Verily, the mosque whose foundation was laid from the first day on piety
is more worthy that you stand therein (to pray).
In it are men who love to clean and to purify themselves.
And Allah loves those who make themselves clean and pure
(i.e. who clean their private parts with dust
[i.e. to be considered as soap)
and water from urine and stools,
after answering the call of nature].
Prior to the performance of Salah, it is mandatory to ensure that one is in a pure state (Tahaarah). This is achieved through either taking a shower or performing wudhu.
For those of us who are new to Islam; Istinja means washing of the urinary and defecation organs after one has attended to the call of nature. This can be aided with the use of tissue and toilet jug/s or hand shower.
The right-hand uses the toilet jug / hand shower/bidet to pour or spray, the left-hand uses tissue paper to wipe and wash.
- Using the left hand wipe the area with tissue at least thrice before using water.
- Using the left hand; after wiping, use tissue paper to clean whilst washing occurs i.e water is poured by using the right hand over the affected area whilst washing (simultaneously) with the left hand.
- The act of washing should be carried out by the left hand and continue until one is sufficiently comfortable that one has achieved an absolute state of cleanliness, enough to be confident enough to stand and pray salah.
- Keep dry
- Pour water over the urinary organ
- Dry with tissue using the left hand
- Should droplets occur after washing and after wudhu – ignore that doubt.
Perform Wudhu prior to Salah
Say : Bismillah
Intention : Internalise the intention to perform wudhu
- Wash hands to wrist
- Wash face, (thrice) (pass water and fingers into beard if you have a beard)
- Wash forearms up to and including elbows (thrice)
- Pass water using both hands lightly over head
- Wash feet up to and including ankles
- The state of Wudhu is lost when one defecates, passes urine or wind
- Try and stay in the state of Wudhu (it is a protection)
© Copyright Pure-Islam.com – Shekh Ebrahim