The Day of Resurrection
1. I swear by the Day of Resurrection; 2. And I swear by the self-reproaching person (a believer).
3. Does man (a disbeliever) think that We shall not assemble his bones? 4. Yes, We are Able to put together in perfect order the tips of his fingers.
5. Nay! (Man denies Resurrection and Reckoning. So) he desires to continue committing sins.
6. He asks: “When will be this Day of Resurrection?”
7. So, when the sight shall be dazed, 8. And the moon will be eclipsed,
9. And the sun and moon will be joined together (by going one into the other or folded up or deprived of their light, etc.)
10. On that Day man will say: “Where (is the refuge) to flee?” 11.No! There is no refuge!
12. Unto your Lord (Alone) will be the place of rest that Day. 13. On that Day man will be informed of what he sent forward (of his evil or good deeds), and what he left behind (of his good or evil traditions).
Surah Al Qiyamah
The verses of the Surah clearly states what is to transpire on the day of resurrection. A great day indeed, a day of accountability to none other than, Allah subhana wa taala alone.
In these verses, Allah subhana wa taala swears by His creation; the day of resurrection, and by the believer who is true. This reflects the absolute truth of the day of resurrection as well as the severity of it.
The verses address those who disbelieve in the resurrection, disbelieve in being recreated. These verses address the perfection of the details the creation to such extent to each and every finger tips, without any fault.
1. A questioner asked concerning a torment about to befall
2. Upon the disbelievers, which none can avert,
3. From Allah, the Lord of the ways of ascent.
4. The angels and the Ruh [Jibrael (Gabriel)] ascend to Him in a Day the measure whereof is fifty thousand years,
5. So be patient (O Muhammad Sallallahu alayhi wasalam ), with a good patience.
The verse is clear that this day will have span over fifty thousand years. It is this what we accept as it is stated; a day lasting fifty thousand years.
Receiving Book of Deeds
The Book of Deeds of each person is recorded by the two Angels; Kiraman Khatibeen. The Books are handed to each person on Yaumul Qiyamah, the day of resurrection.
A person may either receive glad tidings by receiving their book of deeds in the right hand, signifying that their book is a book of goodness and good deeds, or they may receive their book in the left hand, signifying that their book is a book of evil and bad deeds.
This would determine what would follow in the rest of the reckoning in that day of resurrection, either an easy reckoning or a reckoning which could result in being banished to hell-fire.
- Receiving Book of Deeds in the Right Hand
Surah Al-Inshiqaq 84:7-9
7. Then, as for him who will be given his Record in his right hand,
8. He surely will receive an easy reckoning,
9. And will return to his family in joy!
Surah al-Haaqqah 69:19-24
19. Then as for him who will be given his Record in his right hand will say:
“Take, read my Record!
20. “Surely, I did believe that I shall meet my Account!”
21. So he shall be in a life, well-pleasing.
22. In a lofty Paradise,
23. The fruits in bunches whereof will be low and near at hand.
24. Eat and drink at ease for that which you have sent on before you in days past!
- Receiving Book of Deeds in the left hand, behind one’s Back
Surah al-Haaqqah 69:25-33
25. But as for him who will be given his Record in his left hand, will say:
‘I wish that I had not been given my Record!
‘And that I had never known how my Account is!
27. ‘Would that it had been my end (death)!
28. ‘My wealth has not availed me;
29. ‘My power (and arguments to defend myself) have gone from me!’
30. (It will be said): ‘Seize him and fetter him;
31. Then throw him in the blazing Fire.
32. ‘Then fasten him with a chain whereof the length is seventy cubits!’
33. Verily, he used not to believe in Allaah, the Most Great”
Surah Al-Inshiqaq 84:10-15
10. But whosoever is given his Record behind his back,
11. He will invoke (his) destruction,
12. And shall enter a blazing Fire, and made to taste its burning.
13. Verily, he was among his people in joy!
14. Verily, he thought that he would never come back (to Us)!
15. Yes! Verily, his Lord has been ever beholding him!
© Copyright Pure-Islam.com – Shekh Ebrahim